Monday, February 8, 2016
E-mail dated 2/8/16
Family and Friends,Akwaabo! Thank you as always to every one who emailed me this week! It's always nice to hear from family and friends, no matter how fast my week went. It sounds like all is well at home (just a little cold, as always) and that every body is still enjoying the high school basketball season as well as the Super Bowl! Speaking of the game, I was thinking about it just now, and I think the only people I know for either teams are the quarterbacks... In fact, I completely forgot that yesterday was the game. My week flew by!
1. Are you still planning on having the baptisms of Browne and Emmanuel this Saturday?
For sure Browne, but Emmanuel we want to prepare him a little bit more and make sure he is completely ready. Prayers would be much appreciated for both of them though!
2. I told you about our gas prices here, what are gas prices like there?
I honestly haven't really been paying attention, but I think they've dropped here as well... I think it's still over $2 though!
3. I know you are in the dry season right now, but does that mean that you can go days without rain, or does it mean that you just don't get as much rain? Which season do you prefer?
Dry season means that we can go weeks or months without a single drop of rain. I actually can't remember the last time that it rained, even lightly... But for me, I prefer the dry season because it's just so much easier to get around to our various appointments and we are able to teach more lessons.
4. It is Valentine's Day here at home next Sunday. Any idea if they celebrate Valentine's Day in Liberia?
Haha I don't think they do! If so, then I'm excited to see what they will do to celebrate. I'll let you know next week!
5. What was the strangest thing you experienced this week?
Strangest thing.... Hmmm.. Okay! Our relief society president offered to give us her dog to eat! That was pretty strange. Don't worry though, we didn't say yes... yet.
6. Are you still healthy?