Monday, March 7, 2016
E-mail dated 3/7/16
Family and Friends,
1. Has the rainy season started yet?
Nope, not a single drop of rain! I'm patiently waiting for it to get a little cooler here....
2. How are your recent converts doing? Is your branch good about fellowshipping them?
My recent converts are doing great! Jones and Caulena are so strong and Browne, Precious and the others are still coming to Church every week. They've made some good friendships in the branch, so I think they will have fellow shippers even after their missionaries have left.
3. Do they offer early morning seminary to the youth there? (Random, I know).
Nope, they just have seminary and institute classes at the chapel on weekday evenings! I think around 5 to 10 youth are there, so it's a decently successful program.
4. What did you and your companion (or Elder Cichoski) do this week that made you laugh?
Oh... That's a hard question! Everyone in my apartment was playing Farkle one night this past week and Cichoski was losing by a lot of points until he got a roll of all 6's!! Just like that he got 3,000 points and he ended up winning. We were all screaming when we saw it haha it reminded me of playing it on Sunday nights back home with the family!
5. How is your Branch President doing?
He is miraculously doing a lot better. He is back at his house and he can move much better and his memory is slowly coming back. I think many members of the branch fasted and prayed for him yesterday and the Lord has provided us with a miracle. Normally after strokes, if they don't recover within 24 hours then what's left of them is what will remain. But President Weegi is trying to prove that wrong! Your prayers have been much appreciated for him and his family.
6. Have you found any food over there that doesn't agree with you? Is there something that you have eaten that you know that you will never eat again?
Hmmm... To be honest, it's been a really long time since somebody has fed me something downright disgusting. So far, I can't think of anything that I wouldn't be willing to eat again!
Well, thank you again to every one who emailed me and prayed for me during the week, it is much appreciated. I love and miss all of you so much and I pray daily for many of you. Have a great week!