Wednesday, June 3, 2015

E-mail dated 6/3/15

Family and Friends, 

I'm sorry for being a few days late, but I am running on very little time right now! On Monday the power was out and yesterday was a crazy day full of zone coference, travel and fufu. I apologize! I don't have much time today either as it is getting late here in Ghana. So forgive me for my email this week, it won't be very long.

The baptism was successful on Saturday as we were able to baptize 4 people! Charity, Venn and Mephanage Darko (The wife and children of my Recent Convert Evans!) and also John, a man I met the very first day that Elder Loader came to Dunkwa. It was amazing to see them make this step and I can't even tell you how happy I was!

To answer your questions: 

1.  The Branch President has been able to fill a lot of callings, but there are still some things left to do! There are still a few people who would like a calling but haven't received one yet, but we are being patient with the inexperienced presidency. They are still learning.

2.Yes, the branch has mutual every wednesday night! They are working on all of the Duty to God things as well as Personal Progress.

3. we spend one hour every day for our personal study and we have the freedom to study whatever topic we would like, as long as it is part of the missionary library. I also get an hour of companion study with Elder Loader in the morning that we prepare for our day and plan for our lessons!

4. There's Elder Loader (California), Elder Okwii (Uganda) and Elder Tyson (Ghana).

5. The greatest challenge was seeing Seth and Comfort once again not be baptized!

6. The rain feels good, but the humidity that follows it does not! I have no idea how much it actually rains haha.

I love you all! I'm sorry again for this week, I will try better next week!

Love,
Elder Degen

No comments:

Post a Comment