Monday, April 25, 2016
E-mail dated 4/25/16
Family and Friends,Akwaabo! I'm going to apologize in advance to all those who emailed me today, I won't be able to respond! The internet isn't too great today, so I'll just send out my group email. Sorry! I was able to read all of my inbox though, and it sounds like every one is doing great.
1. I probably don't want to know the answer to this question, but did you missionaries actually do the killing, skinning, cleaning and cooking of the cats you sent pictures of or did you find a native to do that for you and you just "tasted" it?
Elder Eguko and I helped kill it, and burn the hair off of it, and then we gave it to a Liberian to clean and gut it! But then we took it home, seasoned the meat ourselves and threw it into the oven. It was so delicious!
2. Any information on when you will be calling/Skyping?
I will FOR SURE be able to Skype this time! A member has already offered us her laptop and we will have good internet now. I was planning on Skyping around 6:30 p.m. in my time (12:30 MST), is that okay? If not, then just let me know before next week! I'm so excited!
3. You may have told me this several months ago, but where is Elder Adams from, how long has he been out and was he a transfer from Ghana like you were? Sorry if you have already answered this before.
Elder Adams is a Ghanaian from Takoradi (close to my first area)! He is 7 months old on his mission, and he came to Liberia on December 7 after he was trained for 3 months in the Accra West Mission! He is the same MTC group as Elder Carlson and Elder Ibe.
4. Is there a food that eat so much of there that when you come home you will never want to eat again?
Hmmm... I don't think so! If anything, serving in Liberia has only increased my appetite for rice! Sure I eat it for lunch and dinner everyday, but it's still great!
5. Did the baptism take place on Saturday? Did you get to baptize any of the candidates?
Yes, it took place! I wasn't the baptist, but Elder Eguko was able to baptize Rita and a new missionary, Elder Harman baptized the rest! It was one of the best services I've had of my entire mission. I loved it.
Well, I'm sorry again to all those who I didn't reply to today! I love you all though, and I promise that I will be able to talk more next week! I pray for all of you daily though, and I hope to hear from every one again next Monday. Have a great week!