Monday, May 11, 2015

E-mail dated 5/11/15

Family and friends,
Akwaaba! I talked to most of you not that long ago, but I'm glad I get to contact everyone again today! I'm going to apologize a lot today that it is going to be very small, but I hope you forgive me because I was able to talk to you all yesterday! Elder Loader and I are very busy today with saying goodbye to Elders Moffitt and Riehle, so I don't have much time. I will gladly answer all the questions though!

1.  Did you think of anything else you would like me to send you?  I will get the package sent off this week?
Just some small things from the distribution center please! Anything you think that I would like would be greatly appreciated. Also, the conference Ensign please!!

2.  Do you have any information on Elder Moffit and when/where he will be giving his homecoming talk?  I would love to go meet him?
Yes! He will give his homecoming talk this Sunday, May 17 at 9:00 a.m. at the chapel near 4842 W. Vermillion Dr. 10200 South. The address is not exact, but I'm sure Google maps can lead you there safely. I have been with him the past 5 months, so I know him very well and I'm sure he will love to talk with you! 

3.  Does it feel like you have been gone from home for almost 9 months?
Not at all. It feels much shorter than that, and it's very sad how fast time is passing. No longer do I have my entire mission in front of me, I'm over a third of the way done. 

4.  Do you have any other investigators that are close to baptism now that Abigail has been baptized?  We pray often for those you are teaching.
We are expecting a big baptism on the 30th of May that will include Evans wife and son, Frank, John, and hopefully Seth and Comfort. Your prayers are much appreciated and hopefully in the coming weeks I can tell you more about all of them and how much I've come to love them!

I love all of you and once again I apologize for this horribly short email! Thank you all again though for everything you do for me, including your prayers and support. Until next week, I wish all of you the best!
Love,
Elder Gavin Degen

No comments:

Post a Comment