Monday, May 18, 2015

E-mail dated 5/18/15

Family and Friends,
Akwaaba! Thank you everyone for your emails this week. It was interesting to see all that's happened in one week, from back home to Ghana! It feels like a while ago that I Skyped for some reason! I'm glad that the family is doing well though and that everyone is safe and happy. I loved hearing about the successful return of Elder Moffitt as well, I hope you enjoyed meeting him! It weird that I said goodbye to him on Tuesday and that you were able to be with him yesterday. It's a small world!

My week was actually really eventful as well, with a lot of things happening! On Tuesday we all went down to Praso for a combined district meeting and while we were there we dropped off Elder Riehle and Elder Moffitt so they could go to the mission home the following day. I can be honest, it was hard to say goodbye to those guys! The road to Praso is still very long and bumpy, so we didn't get too much proselyting in the rest of the day... But the rest of the week was fun and full of lessons! Elder Loader and I are discovering that the FM's in Mfuom (our area) are too much. We routinely get 2 or 3 Free Meals everyday, and we even have to plan our days around them. Anywhere we go past 5 is going to have food for us. Who would have thought that I could be so sick of free food!!

Also, I found out this week that I normally walk around 5-6 miles during a full proselyting day. I carried a pedometer with me and it tracked everything! I know someone asked that question a while ago and I had to guess, so now I know for sure. Also, Abigail received a calling yesterday as the 1st counselor in the Primary presidency, which fits her perfectly! Matilda was made a young women's counselor, and Evans taught part of the gospel doctrine class yesterday. The recent converts here are so powerful! I love these people so much. Sadly, there has been some contention in the branch though among the presidency and I would greatly appreciate some prayers on their behalf.  Thank you!

To answer your questions..


1.  Did any of the missionaries arriving this week get assigned to Dunkwa?
No, I don't think President will send missionaries to train up here because it is still a brand new area and there's a lot of work to be done! But, Elder Ntlhaakgosi is in my district now and it was sweet to be reunited with him! 

2.  Are your candidates for baptism still progressing toward the May 30th baptism date?
Yes, we are still planning for around 6 for next Saturday! I'm excited to see all of them progress and hopefully pass their interviews next week! Prayers for Charity, Venn, John, Frank, Seth and Comfort are greatly appreciated!

3.  Any district or zone activities coming up? 
Hmm... Not that I know of! President Stevenson is coming to Dunkwa on Thursday though to settle a few disputes though, so check an eye out on his blog!

4.  Are you still teaching primary, YW or Relief Society in your branch?
Thankfully a lot of callings have been filled and I no longer have to help teach any classes! But, I normally still sit in YW during the 3rd hour cause the girls got used to having Elder Riehle and I teach them. There are some very strong young women in the branch!

5.  Are you still healthy?  :) :)
I am perfectly healthy :) I'm getting a little fat because of all the food, but I'm doing great!
I think that is all for this week! Thank you all again for your emails and support. I love you all so much and I think about you often. Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Degen

No comments:

Post a Comment